What You Can Give
Donate household items to our thrift store. You can bring your items in person to the mission or schedule pickup at a time that is convenient for you.
Donate food items to our kitchen and pantry. We provide three meals a day and appreciate any non-perishables you can provide.
Donate online, via cash gifts or pledges. We also accept company matching gifts, stocks and securities, real estate and deferred gifts.
The Gospel Mission is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Donations are deductible to the full extent of the law. We take no government funding and we are not a United Way agency.
We partner with The MinistryLinq Group to provide secure, accountable, electronic contributions. If you prefer to make your contribution via phone instead, please call our office during normal business hours. 712-255-1769, extension 15.
A planned gift to the Gospel Mission can provide you with an additional income stream, provide a legacy for your family, and provide lasting impact for the Gospel Mission.
To learn more about the Gospel Mission’s planned giving opportunities please contact one of the following staff members:
David Delzell, Director of Partner Relations – (712) 255-1769 ext. 16
Emily Vondrak, Director of Development – (712) 255-1769 ext.13
We’re proud members of Leave A Message Siouxland. You can give confidently knowing your gift will make a lasting difference.
A History of Fiscal Strength
Prior to our recent move, the Mission had operated debt-free with two exceptions – the purchase and renovation of our Women and Children’s Shelter and the purchase and renovation of our outlet store. In both instances the debt was eliminated well ahead of schedule and without substantive fundraising. In March 2013, our mortgage debt (which started at $1.8M in 2009) was paid in full.
Our mission statement is “To feed the hungry, to clothe the poor, to shelter the homeless, to lead them to Christ.” To this end, in 2017, we provided the following to our guests:
the following services demonstrate how we seek to accomplish this task.
- A comfortable bed for an average of 58 men, women, and children each night
- Breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner for 236 hungry mouths each day
- An average of $838 of merchandise (in the form of 613 items of clothing, furniture, and household goods) from our thrift store for those less fortunate each week
- The Good News of Jesus Christ and His love shared with 42 souls each day
- Assistance in obtaining 128 day jobs each week
- Food baskets to 206 families each week
- Bibles freely given to the hands of 1182 individuals in search of help
– In the last month prior to our move (May 2009), the Mission provided 237 meals and snacks each day. Just four months later, that number had grown to over 350! There is little question that the economy, coupled with our new facility, and an increased awareness that we feed the general public as well as the residents of our facility has all contributed to this significant increase
– Our new thrift store has also brought an increase in the amount of items that we are donating to our clients. The statistics of 2015 shows that we have given away more than $900 a week in clothing and household items to those in need.
– Providing a night of rest in a comfortable bed has been a mainstay of gospel missions across the globe. For The Gospel Mission, this has been a significant source of increase as well. Last year we provided lodging to 55 individuals per night. Fortunately this is less than the 76 a night we provided in 2013, but still more than the 48 a night we provided in our old facility.
At the very core of what we do is to share the love of our Lord with those who come through our doors. While this is reflected in all that we do (as shown above), it is given focus through our chapel service held each evening at 7:30 and at 11:00 a.m. on Sundays. We invite churches, youth groups, mission outreach groups and lay people who ascribe to our statement of faith to come and present the Gospel to our residents and guests. Because we know that a changed life has a far greater chance of success, and that the Word of God does not return empty, the evening services are required of our residents who wish to spend the night.
Lastly, we endeavor to be wise stewards of all that our Lord entrusts to us. Our audit shows that less than 8% of our income is utilized for management purposes. With His help, our programs and stewardship have enabled us to gain a 4-star rating from Charity Navigator.
Partner with us to continue the Gospel Mission’s legacy.
Build a stronger team and help those in need.
Copy of Donate the cost of ONE cup of coffee per week...
You can provide meals for 58 needy people per year ($2.54 per cup X 52 +$132 or $11 per month pledge).GIVE
Bring a bag lunch ONLY ONE day per week…
You can provide meals for 235 needy people per year ($10.16 per meal X 52 = $528 or $44 per month pledge).GIVE